Stay on point with this quick reference checklist for interviewing a Realtor®.
1. Are you a licensed Realtor®?
2. Do you work in real estate full time or part time?
3. Are you a member of MLS?
4. How long have you been working in real estate?
5. How familiar are you with my area/the area I am looking to buy in?
6. Have you sold any properties in my area?
7. How do you decide on the right listing price for my home? (Comparables? Renovations?)
8. What is your average List-Price-To-Sales-Price ratio? (This shows accuracy in pricing.)
9. What commission do you charge?
10. For open houses, who pays for the event costs such as food/catering/etc?
11. What is your marketing strategy for my home?
12. Will you specifically advertise my property? Such as ads in social media, local magazines, or other advertising means?
13. Do you and/or your team work 7 days a week?
14. How many other clients do you typically have on the go at a time?
15. How do you provide me with reporting on activity? E.g. calls, open houses, etc.?
16. What is your business style? Do you prefer a formal or more casual approach?
17. What are the top 3 things that separate you from your competition?